Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

You would obviously be no good with a London Underground map then ! LOL.

I've seen 3G's with multi-sports use lines in white, green,red and yellow and it doesn't seem to have effected those using it.

What has Maidstone have on theirs ?

what is the solution..............after 840 replies an 34,142 views ..............there isnt one :rolleyes: ;)

Exactly, and I just wonder what the weather is like in the Channel Islands this snowy Monday morning.

Any snow on an already waterlogged pitch spells major problems.

No Snow here and none forecast, however it did piss down yesterday....

Rained here for most of yesterday and turned to snow in the early hors.

The League Bulletin has cancelled our League trip to Guernsey that was scheduled for Friday 1st March. No surprise there.

However, for some reason, they don't appear to have cancelled the Cove game on the Sunday 3rd March yet. It could be just an oversight, and certainly we at Epsom are expecting to play Cove at Oak Farm that weekend instead.

But as of now, it hasn't happened.

Assuming the Cove game is also p-p and assuming that Guernsey don't make the Vase SF just for the purposes of working out future fixtures, I can see a Tuesday trip to the island on 26th March for one of the four outstanding teams, us, Cove, Chessy or Ash. Also Friday 19th April is spare, while I think the Molesey game scheduled for Saturday 27th April will move either forward or back a day so a second game can be arranged with the fourth game on Tuesday April 30th.

Not ideal for anyone and of course further progress in the Vase would make things really messy with those scheduled for Saturdays 23rd and 30th March.

I know that cynics here will say I have a vested interest, but I also now believe that it's time for them to prioritise the Vase ahead of the League, but it's their choice.

Well at least we will be able to play in the Vase... Draw has just been made

Away to Runcorn or Walsall Wood/ Hanworth Villa

I don't think Walsall Wood will get the choice to play at home again!

Thinking ahead to the end of the season it now looks fairly possible that Guernsey won't be able to fulfill their league fixtures by the end of the extended season. It also seems likely that those outstanding games WILL affect the promotion places. Should the fixtures involving other promotion candidates be prioritised over the other games?

NO WAY JOSE(bommie) all Clubs are equal in the eyes of the League.Well I thought so before Guernsey joined the Fold,now I do have my doubts.How many postponements are allowed in the Vase,before a game has to be switched?

Edited by Smudge

In all seriousness how are they going to get the fixtures in? I've had a look through and its going to be very tough.....Bomya what happens if they don't complete there fixtures what happens to the points do the opposing teams get them surely this is unfair on the promotion chasing sides....... Plus the league I'm sure will not be happy about this

Whatever happens this season the league next season must make sure every Saturday and Tuesday is filled throughout August-November as you have to plan that this will happen every season

NO WAY JOSE(bommie) all Clubs are equal in the eyes of the League.Well I thought so before Guernsey joined the Fold,now I do have my doubts.How many postponements are allowed in the Vase,before a game has to be switched?

In a nutshell Smudge, following a 2nd postponement the FA will dictate where the game is played

© First matches which are Postponed or Abandoned

(i) When a first match has been postponed, or is abandoned before the completion of 90

minutes and neither Club being at fault, it shall be played on the same ground:

in the Qualifying Competition, and First and Second Rounds Proper – on or before the

following Thursday. The National Game Board may, in exceptional circumstances,

approve the playing of postponed or abandoned matches on the following Saturday.

in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds Proper – on or before the following Saturday

(ii) If extra time has not been commenced or a match has been abandoned during extra

time and neither Club being at fault, the result at 90 minutes will stand and the match

shall be replayed on the ground of the Club second drawn:

in the Qualifying Competition, and First and Second Rounds Proper – on or before the

following Thursday

in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds Proper – on or before the following Saturday

(iii) If the match be drawn or again postponed or abandoned it shall be played as directed

by the National Game Board.

(iv) Matches abandoned through the fault of the Clubs shall be dealt with by the National

Game Board.

GFC should be no different from any other club and should somehow fulfill all their fixtures.

Guvnor, the only time I remember a game not being played was the end of the season when Merstham were runaway champions. The final game against Reading Town was not played and neither team got any points. That year it made no difference.

Guernsey currently have 26 league games to play plus at least one Vase game. 27 games minimum in 12 weeks. And that's before any weather issues and further postponements and Cup games.

Hanworths game with Walsall has been moved to Hanworth now hasn't it?

Yes, see the FA Vase QF draw thread for details.