Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town FC (RUMOUR)

Even amongst a whole catalogue of strange comments, This comparison to the Rangers is possibly the most ridiculous comment Rhodes has ever made. There are countless examples of non league clubs more relevant to Edgware Town and you choose a professional club with 40,000 odd crowds every week. Bizarre even for you.

but I can understand why people are confused by the decision to put them straight in to Division 1 and not in to Division 2 and im sure the Edgware Town FC committee were a bit surprised by that decision as well

Savagebee - Why would they be confused and surprised exactly

Savagebee - Why would they be confused and surprised exactly

Well I was surprised that they went straight in to Division One and so were a lot of other people.

Well I was surprised that they went straight in to Division One and so were a lot of other people.

I would have been far more surprised had the Club been placed in Division 2, what’s the point of Edgware Town doing what Rangers did last season when they were in Scottish League Division 3 playing the likes of East Stirling, Brechin, Montrose, Stranraer and Elgin

I would have been far more surprised had the Club been placed in Division 2, what’s the point of Edgware Town doing what Rangers did last season when they were in Scottish League Division 3 playing the likes of East Stirling, Brechin, Montrose, Stranraer and Elgin

That's a effing big assumption to make. Or are all of the Singapore National Side joining the club?

Be interesting to see if ETFC conduct themselves with same arrogance and disrespect to the league as their spokesman does. I guess you can be like that when you know how easy winning every game and competition will be for you. Will be amazing to see a team post 100% record for next few seasons at least.

Wasn't this the same spokesman who once referred to Kentish Town as the Man United of the SSML!?  

Baldock Town - Well at the time they were weren't they before the Club sadly imploded

Baldock Town - Well at the time they were weren't they before the Club sadly imploded

So Edgware Town are to Glasgow Rangers what Kentish Town were to Man Utd.

Who would you compare yourself to?

Edited by petethegreek

Behave Mr Rhodes.

I don't care what league Edgware Town FC are in to be honest good luck to them.

I echo Savagbee's words. Its just good to see them back and footy played at SJP again.

It was always going to be a contentious decision as to what division they placed in.

I don't think they'll walk to the title as there are some really decent teams in the division... I'm sure their management team won't be thinking this either and will be taking each game as it comes.

I don't care what league Edgware Town FC are in to be honest good luck to them.

Hopefully see you at Silver Jubilee Park when Southall play there or at Reynolds Field if they're still groundsharing with Hanwell Town next season

I see that incredibly Edgware Town have somehow managed to bag a pre-season friendly with, wait for it, Stafford Rangers at their palatial Marston Road home on Saturday 19 July, kick off 3.00.

I see that incredibly Edgware Town have somehow managed to bag a pre-season friendly with, wait for it, Stafford Rangers at their palatial Marston Road home on Saturday 19 July, kick off 3.00.

You mean the Stafford Rangers of the Northern Premier League Div 1 South? (ie same level as Ware, Cheshunt etc)

You do make me laugh Mr Rhodes :D

You mean the Stafford Rangers of the Northern Premier League Div 1 South? (ie same level as Ware, Cheshunt etc)

Yes, a former Conference Club who are steeped in history

Yes, a former Conference Club who are steeped in history

Will you be amongst the mighty Edgware Army that travel to Marston Road Rhodesly? Can you make a prediction about how many away fans will attend?