Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town FC (RUMOUR)

I know Edgeware are a club with history but technically isn't this a new club?

No, not at all, it's the same Edgware Town who were formed in 1939

I see that the joyous news has reached another Forum who are busy debating it, one post states 'brilliant decision' and I couldn't agree more:

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=554940;page=8;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;guest=12594758

However other posters suggest they are far from happy

No, not at all, it's the same Edgware Town who were formed in 1939

So they have been playing every season from then up to now? They haven't folded and had to have a rebirth that would mean they are technically a new club?

There should be firm rules for new or reformed clubs and what level they start to stop this argument but having said that I suppose each club must be looked at on an individual basis but it does seem a little unfair when Berko, Brox and WInslow started again in Division Two.

There can't be any firm rules I suppose as if for example Luton Town (with a 7000 home crowd and bundles of travelling support) went to the wall and started again would it be safe to stick them in Divison Two of SSMFL?

I'm just glad Edgware are back and playing especially at SJP as its a great ground.

Good to see Ealing Town progressing too. Aym Higher were a good club with strong community links and youth teams etc. I'm sure this will continue on under the Ealing name.

Two new clubs for Middlesex can only be good for local footy!

I don't have any agenda regarding any of these clubs and where they start/restart in whatever league but I implore Karen to start a new forum specifically designed for Rhodes and all of the people that despise him to post on.

Literally every subject on this forum ends up in a Rhodes-bashing exchange.

I don't really understand why everyone hates this guy so much but getting really bored of every string reverting back to him.

Please get back to posting topics about non-league footie and include some comedy banter if possible.

AFC Wimbledon were placed higher because of concerns regarding the high number of fans and safety at grounds without sufficient facilities. Which to be honest is a reasonable argument.

Anyone know if SSMFL Div 1 clubs can now expect to see 2000+ fans when Edgware play?

I have a legitimate question and not sniping at all. Karen you might be able to answer.

When the FA had their meeting do they discuss with the appropriate leagues? Or do the leagues just have to accept?

If the constitution is voted against at the AGM what is the process?

Oxford City, Dubstable started back in div 2 after 'reforming'

Yes Dunstable back in 1998 and have been around for 125 years compared to Edgware's history and dare say played at a higher level as well.

Must say happy to see Edgware back but should be in Div 2 and work their way up.

Could be an interesting vote at the AGM.

I don't think anyone has portion blame to Edgeware but this doesn't sit right with so many other clubs that have not folded but climbed their way through the Pyramid system spent large amounts of cash either upgrading or ground sharing to enable them to progress from park football into SSML Div1. Edgeware does have a history but because of the passage of time should not count; maybe I could understand the FA's decision if they had folded for one or even two seasons ago but not now. Baldock had to climb through the ranks after their demise as a Southern League side and the same should happen to Edgeware. Just because you able to hire the facilities of a Step 6 club doesn’t make you a step 6 club

. A NO vote at the AGM should send a message to the FA

AFC Wimbledon were placed higher because of concerns regarding the high number of fans and safety at grounds without sufficient facilities. Which to be honest is a reasonable argument.

Anyone know if SSMFL Div 1 clubs can now expect to see 2000+ fans when Edgware play?

I have a legitimate question and not sniping at all. Karen you might be able to answer.

When the FA had their meeting do they discuss with the appropriate leagues? Or do the leagues just have to accept?

If the constitution is voted against at the AGM what is the process?

AFC Wimbledon started in CoCO div 1, as did Guernsey .

Lowest division in the Combined Counties.

Has any club actually suffered this/next season by placing Edgware in division 1?

I'm just glad Edgware are back and playing especially at SJP as its a great ground.

Yes, that's right, why can't everyone just be happy for Edgware Town and accept the decision that has been made

So they have been playing every season from then up to now? They haven't folded and had to have a rebirth that would mean they are technically a new club?

So what about when Winslow United took a years sabatical, technically they came back as a new Club then

So what about when Winslow United took a years sabatical, technically they came back as a new Club then

Answer my question? And as you said we took a sabatical (due to a mass exodus on the eve of the season) we didn't cease to exist our youth teams continued to play and we had finished 10th previous season in div 1 and then we got put back in div 2. So technicaly and literally you are a moron. I wish Edgeware well and I'm sure they will progress strongly and quickly but this situation makes a mockery of the league which continues to be a shambles with what it allows teams to get away with. So answer my question now then, I bet you another £20 you don't. Also why are you making out you're involved with the club when you aren't?

Winslow Boy - As BigDogCol said earlier why do I always take a bashing whatever it is I post. You stated in your post that Edgware Town were technically a new Club due to their rebirth, well if that's the case then surely the same applied to Winslow United when you took that year out. Anyway thanks for wishing Edgware well, hopefully they can do a Glasgow

Rangers and at least get back to Step 4 level in two seasons where they were before being unceremoniously turfed out of their beloved White Lion Ground home.