Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town FC (RUMOUR)

Some interesting chat on the Wealdstone Forum albeit a couple of months old, Wealdstone fans like to rule the roost don't they so they won't appreciate another local Club stealing their thunder next season:

http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7375&start=10

Some interesting chat on the Wealdstone Forum albeit a couple of months old, Wealdstone fans like to rule the roost don't they so they won't appreciate another local Club stealing their thunder next season:

http://www.wealdstonefc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7375&start=10

Yep Rhodes I agree with you on that. Been to watch Wealdstone FC play a few times over the years and i found some of there supporters a bit arrogant to be honest but obviously that's not all of there supporters.

Was also told that there number one supporter The Wealdstone Raider hardly goes to any Wealdstone FC games.

wealdstoneraiderliveatwhitehawk_zps77833

Ruislip Manor FC gone but not forgotten. ;)

Edited by Savagebee

"I see that incredibly Edgware Town have somehow managed to bag a pre-season friendly with, wait for it, Stafford Rangers at their palatial Marston Road home on Saturday 19 July, kick off 3.00."

Estimated 260 mile round trip is a bit of a trek for a friendly. Good fixture for Edgware though even if Rangers have dropped down a few leagues.

"I see that incredibly Edgware Town have somehow managed to bag a pre-season friendly with, wait for it, Stafford Rangers at their palatial Marston Road home on Saturday 19 July, kick off 3.00."

Estimated 260 mile round trip is a bit of a trek for a friendly. Good fixture for Edgware though even if Rangers have dropped down a few leagues.

Apparently the club wanted a trip away and have a weekend away so the players can bond. The majority of the lads wont know each other at the start of pre-season,  so an overnight stay after a good fixture like Stafford will hopefully bring the lads closer. Looking at the fixtures, Edgware seem to have selected a good mix of games.

Apparently the club wanted a trip away and have a weekend away so the players can bond. The majority of the lads wont know each other at the start of pre-season, so an overnight stay after a good fixture like Stafford will hopefully bring the lads closer. Looking at the fixtures, Edgware seem to have selected a good mix of games.

Lovely town. May I recommend breakfast in the soup kitchen it's superb. The Grapes is a good boozer and après is a decent bar. Good b&b in town centre called the vine.should be a good trip. Will your spokesmen Mr Rhodes be going and giving us a blow by blow account of the game? Just make sure he actually buys a round.

Edited by Winslow Boy

Will your spokesmen Mr Rhodes be going and giving us a blow by blow account of the game. Just make sure he actually buys a round.

Priceless Winslow Boy absolutely priceless

The nearest Mr Rhodes will get to Stafford will be his drooling over Stafford Repp (Chief O'Hara from the Batman TV series)

Edited by Karen Browne

and i found some of there supporters a bit arrogant to be honest

Ruislip Manor FC gone but not forgotten. ;)

Savagebee - Yes, I couldn't agree with you more and Wealdstone killed off Ruislip Manor didn't they so they could get their grubby hands on the ground, a Club with over 70 years of history at Grosvenor Vale.

Will you be amongst the mighty Edgware Army that travel to Marston Road Rhodesly? Can you make a prediction about how many away fans will attend?

No answer from the "Great Man" himself unfortunately guys, however watch this space as he's keen to say.

Maybe his new team will let us know if their official spokesperson Mr Rhodes will be on the team coach.

Loosely - The prestigious fixture at Stafford is still over six weeks away but I'll certainly try to get there if I can

Loosely - The prestigious fixture at Stafford is still over six weeks away but I'll certainly try to get there if I can

But as the appointed voice of the club, why wouldn't you be there, especially as it is so prestigious for you, not to mention the tips of places to go I have given.

Was also told that there number one supporter The Wealdstone Raider hardly goes to any Wealdstone FC games.

wealdstoneraiderliveatwhitehawk_zps77833

If you haven't seen the Wealdstone Raider before watch this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAhEFuq62-I&feature=kp

Savagebee - Yes, I couldn't agree with you more and Wealdstone killed off Ruislip Manor didn't they so they could get their grubby hands on the ground, a Club with over 70 years of history at Grosvenor Vale.

Er, no. They didn't. You might want to be careful posting claims like that without evidence, as you might get sued.

Ruislip Manor had been struggling for years. Wealdstone had their Reserve and Under-18 teams playing at the ground and were maintaining the pitch, either in lieu of rent or in exchange for a reduction (I'm not sure which). I remember taking Ashford Town (Middlesex) Reserves to Ruislip Manor First Team for a pre-season game and it was a nightmare. They had one bloke trying to do everything, didn't have the right kit with them and the grass was up to my calf. They were Step 6 at the time, I think.

It was later that season that a consortium connected to Wealdstone bought the Social Club which controls the site. Ruislip Manor were, as far as I can recall, offered the chance to stay at the ground but the new team - Tokyington Manor - chose to do something else.

At that time, the Social Club had significant debts and would have potentially gone under.In that scenario, the ground would have potentially been lost to sport. Instead, it has been enhanced and has helped to revive a very famous club - the first to do the Non-League Double, let's not forget (so more famous than Stafford Rangers).

What killed Ruislip Manor was apathy. Not Wealdstone. 

Edited by Beano

Oh dear Mr Rhodes - fancy not trawling the internet for your evidence before you post, what can I say but it looks like you have been caught out again

Quite simply it will never be the same club in my eyes but it is very pleasing to see what I classed as my club ( 8 seasons as a player during the 1990's) ( 3 as a manager with my pal Del Deanus ) back and ready to play again. I finished my playing career at SJP with Kingsbury Town and it was just as sad to see how they disappeared ( name acquired by London Tigers who as a result acquired their status in the Non League pyramid if I remember correctly ). I would fully expect to see Hendon FC and Edgware Town ground sharing at SJP within the next couple of seasons and if it means two local non league clubs having a more secure future anyone who likes and enjoys the game at this level should be happy. Step 7 or Step 6 does it really matter , when the old club folded in 2008 it was just starting to really go places . I don't think you will see the new set up progress as quickly as some people seem to be suggesting. I wish them all the best and I will be popping down once the new season gets under way to see hopefully a few old faces both supporters and officials alike.

How many did Edgware used to get in attendance?

I too don't think they will progress that quickly

70 odd

I too don't think they will progress that quickly

So you don't think they will do a Glasgow Rangers then