Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town FC (RUMOUR)

No I do not. I don't think they will finish top 4 even- but I've been wrong before and will inevitably be wrong again!

Oh, only 70? I thought they were some huge, well supported club who's gates were in the hundreds.

Surely Dunstable and Aylesbury from 2 seasons ago were bigger clubs than Edgware?

Ruislip Manor were, as far as I can recall, offered the chance to stay at the ground but the new team - Tokyington Manor - chose to do something else.

What killed Ruislip Manor was apathy. Not Wealdstone. 

I’m sorry but I beg to differ and the subject has been discussed previously on this Forum. Ruislip Manor wanted to continue at Grosvenor Vale but Wealdstone weren’t interested and unceremoniously forced the Club out the door, it was only then that they continued under the Tokyngton Manor guise.

No I do not. I don't think they will finish top 4 even- but I've been wrong before and will inevitably be wrong again!

Oh, only 70? I thought they were some huge, well supported club who's gates were in the hundreds.

Surely Dunstable and Aylesbury from 2 seasons ago were bigger clubs than Edgware?

From what I gather the club are looking for a top half finish 1st season back. The main thing is actually playing again. They have budgeted for crowds of 25 apparently to break even financially.  6 years without playing is a long time. No point running before they can walk. A lot of their funds went into reforming the club, and purchasing kit and equipment. A fella named Carlos Karini has been involved in the club. Apparently he is a football agent. Although I don't know of anyone he has been involved with.

as long as the club compete this season, and the new committee gather more experience ready for the following season I for one will be content with that.

Sounds very sensible. Different vision and aims to what Mr Rhodes is claiming and expecting you to achieve though 100% walkover and huge crowds, weird for two very different positions to be coming out of the same club.

Sounds very sensible. Different vision and aims to what Mr Rhodes is claiming and expecting you to achieve though 100% walkover and huge crowds, weird for two very different positions to be coming out of the same club.

I'm only going of what one of the committee told me the other day. He said the fact they are playing football at all next season is an achievement. They were to late to get into the vase as you need to apply before April 1st, but the club was not registered in a league at that point... So they have entered the anagrams records trophy this season. I hope they finish top half and maybe a good cup run. Dan Manzi and his management team has a lot to do, starting out from scratch. Although I went and saw one of the training trial sessions in early May, and they look like they have a few decent players...although they had French and Spanish accents!!!!

:huh:

Edited by ETFC2014

From what I gather the club are looking for a top half finish 1st season back. The main thing is actually playing again. They have budgeted for crowds of 25 apparently to break even financially. 6 years without playing is a long time. No point running before they can walk. A lot of their funds went into reforming the club, and purchasing kit and equipment. A fella named Carlos Karini has been involved in the club. Apparently he is a football agent. Although I don't know of anyone he has been involved with.

as long as the club compete this season, and the new committee gather more experience ready for the following season I for one will be content with that.

Ah fantastic. Glad to see this is a sustainable venture, not boom or bust.

Massive good luck to you, glad to have you back!

From what I gather the club are looking for a top half finish 1st season back. The main thing is actually playing again. They have budgeted for crowds of 25 apparently to break even financially.  6 years without playing is a long time. No point running before they can walk. A lot of their funds went into reforming the club, and purchasing kit and equipment. A fella named Carlos Karini has been involved in the club. Apparently he is a football agent. Although I don't know of anyone he has been involved with.

Carlos Karini was trying to buy Ebbsfleeet United last year. He bought some decent players to the club but for various reasons it didnt work out as he hoped.

I cant say too much as my information was gained confidentially in  my role with the then owners MyFootball Club.

Perhaps I should just suggest taking caution in any dealings with Mr Karini, and I hope the overseas players are being looked after well.

Carlos Karini was trying to buy Ebbsfleeet United last year. He bought some decent players to the club but for various reasons it didnt work out as he hoped.

I cant say too much as my information was gained confidentially in  my role with the then owners MyFootball Club.

Perhaps I should just suggest taking caution in any dealings with Mr Karini, and I hope the overseas players are being looked after well.

Make sure they have their International Transfer Certificates.  :D

Don't get Loosely going for goodness sake

Don't get Loosely going for goodness sake

Oh Rhodesly, why do you keep seeking attention in this negative way. I've known about the "Carlos Connection" for weeks and chosen to say nothing, let's all hope that Edgware succeed, their biggest handicap unfortunately will be you.

That's the 2nd time I've heard caution about this Mr Karini. I went to a game when the trialist's were playing a vets team. He was ranting and raving at the manager of the vets side over a tackle ONE of his players made on one of the vets. All very embarrassing really. Be interested to know what he has done at other clubs....I have noticed he has bought decent good players down though. There's a big centre half who looks solid, and a centre midfielder who was busy and powerful. Although there was a lot of lads with skill but lacked strength and or footballing maturity. They will need to have a good core to the side to cope this season. (and a interpreter by the sounds of it)

I’m sorry but I beg to differ and the subject has been discussed previously on this Forum. Ruislip Manor wanted to continue at Grosvenor Vale but Wealdstone weren’t interested and unceremoniously forced the Club out the door, it was only then that they continued under the Tokyngton Manor guise.

Your cut and paste of my post rather conveniently omitted the dire financial position that Ruislip Social Club was in. It was a loss-making business at the time it was bought by the consortium and did not immediately turn that around. Had the Social Club ceased trading, the lease would have been surrendered and Ruislip Manor FC really would have been "unceremoniously forced out the door". If Wealdstone had done that, there would be bad feeling towards them from former Ruislip Manor officials, wouldn't there? Yet I personally know two gentlemen who are actively involved with Wealdstone, having been stalwarts of Ruislip Manor (as their father was before them). If those chaps thought Wealdstone had "killed off" their club, I don't think they'd be quite so generous with their time and energy.

Yet I personally know two gentlemen who are actively involved with Wealdstone, having been stalwarts of Ruislip Manor

Is one of those gentlemen you refer to Dave McArdle by any chance

Is one of those gentlemen you refer to Dave McArdle by any chance

No, I don't anyone of that name. And now we are veering wildly off topic.

I think it might be time to put this thread to bed and allow the new club some time to find its feet.

Beano - Well Edgware Town have already found their feet, they will hit the ground running, sorry, sprinting next season that's for certain

Beano - Well Edgware Town have already found their feet, they will hit the ground running, sorry, sprinting next season that's for certain

Yeah Beano get with the programme, ETFC already have the league, Vase and cups sewn up they have said they will be the first side to post an absolute 100% record and embarrass any team they meet. Record attendances and rapid promotions just like Rangers.

Yeah Beano get with the programme, ETFC already have the league, Vase and cups sewn up they have said they will be the first side to post an absolute 100% record and embarrass any team they meet. Record attendances and rapid promotions just like Rangers.

I don't think anyone from the club has said that or thinks that if you see my previous comments. It's good that Mr Rhodes thinks the club are going places, but they are his comments. Don't hear anyone from the club coming out all guns blazing...They are happy to start the season, be competitive, and have football back in the area..

I don't think anyone from the club has said that or thinks that if you see my previous comments. It's good that Mr Rhodes thinks the club are going places, but they are his comments. Don't hear anyone from the club coming out all guns blazing...They are happy to start the season, be competitive, and have football back in the area..

Thought Mr Rhodes was your spokesperson or an official, are you saying he has no role within the club? I've commented and supported your posts but it has to be said it looks for all the world that he speaks on behalf of the club and how they will trash everyone in front of them, and he seemed to be looking forward to the trip to Stafford. I'm glad that those at the club have a grounded approach and policy and I'm sure the club will thrive.

Edited by Winslow Boy

It's nice to see Barnet fans welcoming the return of Edgware Town with open arms, there doesn't seem to be any animosity there and why should there be:

http://www.onlybarnet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7430