Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town FC (RUMOUR)

Winslow Boy - As BigDogCol said earlier why do I always take a bashing whatever it is I post. You stated in your post that Edgware Town were technically a new Club due to their rebirth, well if that's the case then surely the same applied to Winslow United when you took that year out. Anyway thanks for wishing Edgware well, hopefully they can do a Glasgow

Rangers and at least get back to Step 4 level in two seasons where they were before being unceremoniously turfed out of their beloved White Lion Ground home.

No bashing here and who knows why he is so sensitive. I simply answered a question which you have managed to still not understand and twist and you have failed to answer a question out to you again because you can't.

No, not at all, it's the same Edgware Town who were formed in 1939

No, it isn't. The original Edgware Town did continue to affiliate for a couple of seasons after going into abeyance, but this was allowed to lapse. The reasons that the new club will be permitted to affiliate under the same name are as follows:

1. The old Edgware Town FC settled all football-related debts before suspending operations, so are not restricted under the Middlesex FA's Rule 12.

2. There are a number of people involved with the new club who were also with the old club, so there was little prospect of anyone else attempting to claim the name. There is a case for considering this new entity a "continuation" of the old one, at least in spirit, but it is categorically not the same entity which affiliated from 1939 until the old club's affiliation lapsed.  

Still bored. Don't care about Rhodes or Edgware Town. Move on people. Not even in our league.

If you don't care don't click on this topic, fairly simple solution rather than whining.

No, it isn't. The original Edgware Town did continue to affiliate for a couple of seasons after going into abeyance, but this was allowed to lapse. The reasons that the new club will be permitted to affiliate under the same name are as follows:

1. The old Edgware Town FC settled all football-related debts before suspending operations, so are not restricted under the Middlesex FA's Rule 12.

2. There are a number of people involved with the new club who were also with the old club, so there was little prospect of anyone else attempting to claim the name. There is a case for considering this new entity a "continuation" of the old one, at least in spirit, but it is categorically not the same entity which affiliated from 1939 until the old club's affiliation lapsed.

Absolutely and fundamental different to our situation a few years back. Anyway they are placed in Divison 1 and they look to be a great addition to the league even if they have been skipped a step. This forum is here for discussion which is exactly what has been taking place, nobody is forced to read or participate. This is a subject worthy of thought and discussion even if there is one person who has nothing sensible to say, and nothing wrong with challenging those posts or ridiculing them for the nonsense they are.

Absolutely and fundamental different to our situation a few years back. Anyway they are placed in Divison 1 and they look to be a great addition to the league even if they have been skipped a step. This forum is here for discussion which is exactly what has been taking place, nobody is forced to read or participate. This is a subject worthy of thought and discussion even if there is one person who has nothing sensible to say, and nothing wrong with challenging those posts or ridiculing them for the nonsense they are.

All absolutely fair comment. The FA have made the decision to place the club at Step 6 and whatever the rights and wrongs of that decision, it is now up to the new Edgware Town make the most of their placement and build their club up in the right way.  I was sorry to see the old club withdraw from the Isthmian League and I wish everyone involved in the project the best of luck.

Football is all about opinions & I echo Beano's thoughts in his post above. It's now down to Edgware to make the most of their placement at this step be it right or wrong. Not sure if it's a "disgrace" like a few have posted but I can certainly understand where some of the negativity from some clubs in and around that level comes from. Some good points made. Will be interesting to see how they get on? Think at this stage of the football calendar every club has aspirations of winning leagues and cups but it's another thing doing it! One last point I will make, and obviously only my opinion, is that football at this level needs an overhaul. In the structure of the leagues, geography, promotion/relegation issuses and to tie up any grey areas like for example the new club joining a league issue. I'd still pick nonleague over the overpaid primadonnas of the Premier League every time though!!

The Cold End has welcomed back Edgware Town with open arms, why can't everyone else:

http://thecoldend.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/welcome-back-edgware-town.html

The Cold End has welcomed back Edgware Town with open arms, why can't everyone else:

http://thecoldend.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/welcome-back-edgware-town.html

Think you will find they have been welcomed back, just the wrong division.

Again this is not cut and dry yet. The constitution still has to be passed at the SSMFL AGM.

Edited by OD's

Not one person has had a go at Edgware town and I think all are glad they now have a team again. The issue again is not with edgware town personally, but the level they should return at.

Am I glad we have a new club in the SSMFL, Yes

Am I happy they have been allowed to bypass Step 7, No.

Not difficult to understand really.

Also interesting the blog is 2 weeks old!

Edited by Munchkin

What is Rhodes weird fixation will Edgware Town. He normally runs down SSMFL clubs or will this happen once they are a member of the league.

You don't really want to open that can of worms OD's - it could spin off into a novel of War and Peace proportions, to use one of the great man's favourite phrases!

Here's an excellent post on another Forum folks:

After chatting to someone close to Edgware I gather they went in front of the FA to put their case forward to being admitted back into the SSML after 6 years away. They decided to apply for step 6 as the league had spaces in it, as it was 2 short for the current season. With no clubs getting promoted from Step 7 there would still be 2 spaces available. 2 got promoted from Div 1...and 2 relegated from Prem. I don't even think Ealing applied for step 6, they just applied to the SSML, but not 100% sure. The FA have made the decision, from what I heard the club were happy with just allowed back into the SSML. They also understand the resentment for being placed higher than expected but who would honestly turn that opportunity down.
I can understand that the SSML want all the leagues full, and like an earlier post stated it's good to have 2 clubs back playing in Middx. I'm sure Ealing will have a great fan base, and does an excellent job in the community already,(AYM Higher) and will no doubt prosper even more now the set up comes under the one banner of Ealing Town. Be an interesting friendly between the 2 sides on the 2nd August at the Viking ground. See what support the 2 clubs have for the season.
Whatever decisions are made it's good for local football that 2 clubs are back playing football.

Here's an excellent post on another Forum folks:

After chatting to someone close to Edgware I gather they went in front of the FA to put their case forward to being admitted back into the SSML after 6 years away. They decided to apply for step 6 as the league had spaces in it, as it was 2 short for the current season. With no clubs getting promoted from Step 7 there would still be 2 spaces available. 2 got promoted from Div 1...and 2 relegated from Prem. I don't even think Ealing applied for step 6, they just applied to the SSML, but not 100% sure. The FA have made the decision, from what I heard the club were happy with just allowed back into the SSML. They also understand the resentment for being placed higher than expected but who would honestly turn that opportunity down.

I can understand that the SSML want all the leagues full, and like an earlier post stated it's good to have 2 clubs back playing in Middx. I'm sure Ealing will have a great fan base, and does an excellent job in the community already,(AYM Higher) and will no doubt prosper even more now the set up comes under the one banner of Ealing Town. Be an interesting friendly between the 2 sides on the 2nd August at the Viking ground. See what support the 2 clubs have for the season.

Whatever decisions are made it's good for local football that 2 clubs are back playing football.

Do you have the link to that forum, interesting to see other posts

Here you go OD's - think reason Mr Rhodes never showed link as most of the posts are against Edgware being fast tracked to Step 6

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=554940;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

So no Club from SSML Div 2 meets the ground grading for promotion to Div 1.

There are vacancies in Div 1.

New Club could go straight into Div 1.

Based on all this, why Edgware Town and not Ealing Town? (Or even both)

Discuss.