Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 28th scores/results

Wattsy

Egham Town 3 Cove 1

1-0 Rossoni 36

2-0 Grave 50

2-1 Walters

3-1 Grave 90+2

If we had managed to stay onside in the first hal we'd have won by a country mile, like we did at their place. That said, Cove were better today. Vinnie Bond looked useful for Cove and Laurie Walters has some serious pace. We ground out a win today. Now in our own little island with six points either side...

The FA site shows Chessington & Hook v MVSCR and Epsom & Ewell v Dorking but no results. Have I missed something?

Edited by tempestward

"ominous" Windsor looking ominous again.

Not for 40 minutes we didn't!!

Scott picked the wrong team to start. (not that I'd tell him to his face!!

Ryan Parsons started in midfield and he put the admirable but ageing Fergus Moore at left back. So with Dave Tilbury at right back we were lacking pace and agility on the flanks and got ripped apart on a few occasions. The goals were too easy.

Both were subbed at HT and we went for it. Apart from one shot that hit the post Molesey were totally outplayed in the 2nd half. They were reduced to 10 men after a horror challenge when the score was 3-3, but it took a while to get the winner. Molesey's keeper made some fine saves but was injured and took 5 mins to recover after an innocuous collision that left Chennells limping as well. He would have had no chance with the winner, fully mobile or not.

Spelthorne Sports 3 Sheerwater 3

Fantastic result for you lads, so please your gar work seems to be paying off for all involves at the club!! :)

Cheers Wattsy, few new personnel making a difference today, we were actually disappointed not to win it in the end.

Very disappointed today's game was called off. Can you really call a game off @ 9:30 in the morning for a water logged pitch considering it had barely rained the previous night and the sun was shining brightly this morning.

Slightly dubious in my opinion considering the discussions that were had on this forum recently regarding the timings of pitch inspections.

great way for us to bounce back after last weeks disappointing result. Took the lead after about 3 minutes, mazy run from our left back, followed by a neat one-two with Georgie Smith, put Mat Ward through to slot home. Second was a counter attack, starting from the back with Dave Smith running pretty much the length of the pitch, to find Jack Stafford whose defelcted shot found the top corner. Hanworth did have a great effort in the first half (Number 9) and even now, im not sure how Wozza saved it, but for me it was the best save ive seen all season. Time for us to get a third before half time through George Smith and it was smiles all round going in to the break. Second half we should have increased the lead to 4 maybe 5, with a run from JJ at right back finding Jack Stafford at the back post only for him to see his effort hit the bar. Game was finished off with Kieran Lavery finding space on edge of the box late on, sticking it bottom left and no chance for the keeper. Must say I was a little surprised with the result, but very happy to say the least. Thought the ref did 'ok' couple odd decisions both for us and Hanworth but all in all a great performance from everyone.

Edited by milesy4

Very disappointed today's game was called off. Can you really call a game off @ 9:30 in the morning for a water logged pitch considering it had barely rained the previous night and the sun was shining brightly this morning.

Slightly dubious in my opinion considering the discussions that were had on this forum recently regarding the timings of pitch inspections.

C&H is probably an exception based on previous seasons.