Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What is the Solution? (Guernsey fixtures)

Smudge

Chris, Millers is joint 1st team manager, alongside myself.

No official was consulted, as this would have been communicated with us for our input, and Club only knew of via receipt of the generic email received.

The frustrating thing to add to this is we were planning to stay Friday also, as when making the journey last season I found it all a bit draining travelling the same day, and playing. We wanted our players to have the the extra night as part of our preparation, which the option of is no longer available according to the email received. So we travel out same day for a 1.30 KO, so not much rest time either after a draining commute. Pretty poor in our opinion and we are not at all happy with it.

Edited by dannyboy83

Seems to me that you have every right to feel unhappy about the manner,the decisions to rearrange fixtures were worked out.Was it a tete r tete between the League and Guernsey FC,as what was convenient for them.Thought that the least the League would of done,would be to consult with Clubs concerned, about their plans.Will be all immaterial though,as I have posted above,most rearranged fixtures will not be played on the dates mentioned due to Guernsey FC REACHING THE SEMI FINALS OF THE VASE,thats if we do not get A RYE POSTPONEMENT to delay that eventuality further.

Dontt tell me that GFC had no involvement in this plan though Maisie, they surely would have had to be consulted....and looks like the other clubs haven't which is just wrong. Cove and other teams can quite rightly be aggrieved by this and I wouldn't blame them if they make a formal complaint. That said the team most affected by all this is of course GFC and I just can't see them continuing their impressive form during this congested period.

In response to Queues

I checked with the officials at my club (Cove) as soon as I heard on here that a change had taken place, prior to my posting on here. They are also frustrated at what has happened and have passed on the email the league sent. It was one general email/bulletin that went out to all club secs announcing that the fixtures had changed so no; nobody consulted us.

I am sure I speak for my players when I say that we are all very excited for the whole Guernsey experience and that few could have hoped to fly for a game at our level - I am not a Guernsey hater or saying you don't belong in this league etc but I stand by my original points.

This whole thing could have been dealt with better by simple communication from one club to another via the league. To have one email sent to many clubs informing them their original fixture has been changed through no fault of their own, after much planning and organisation is a little disrespectful to the work that goes in to planning something on this scale.

sorry to hear the above has dealt with in this manner by the league

Edited by queues

sorry to hear the above has dealt with in this manner by the league

Bill garner,Mickey droy! Were we going with this and sorry but had a few so!!!!!! Happy new year eggs oh and by the way most wanted guernsey in so deal with it!!!!!

maissie we are not whingers,i find it very strange GFC post the new dates on ther website before we the concerned clubfs hav been informed officially??!! agree with millers,dannyboy our club was not spoken to either which makes me think guernsey has come up with these dates then TOLD the league and the league same day send a bulletin out??!! sureley clubs should of been asked would you rather pay friday or sunday??? not your playing friday or sunday what are the travel arrangmentd for those who would be playing friday and for those playing sunday

Bill garner,Mickey droy! Were we going with this and sorry but had a few so!!!!!! Happy new year eggs oh and by the way most wanted guernsey in so deal with it!!!!!

Your exactly right loop "most" not all!! And I take great pride in saying that the small minority that did not want them in are now being proven right. GFC will have to drop out of whatever cups they are still in for the fixture list to really work which makes it all the more laughable.

I would like to point out that I have no personal vendetar toward GFC but not a lot of thought went into this and it is purely a cock up on the league and FA's behalf. Good luck at step 4

according to South Parks web site they play two games in two days

March 2013

Sat 9th 15:00 Away Dorking

Sat 16th 15:00 Home Egham Town

Sun 17th 13:30 Away Guernsey

Tue 19th 19:45 Home Dorking

Sat 23rd 15:00 Away Hartley Wintney

Sat 30th 15:00 Home Colliers Wood United

be interesting to see if they move the Egham Town game to the Friday night.

Your exactly right loop "most" not all!! And I take great pride in saying that the small minority that did not want them in are now being proven right. GFC will have to drop out of whatever cups they are still in for the fixture list to really work which makes it all the more laughable.

I would like to point out that I have no personal vendetar toward GFC but not a lot of thought went into this and it is purely a cock up on the league and FA's behalf. Good luck at step 4

Is it not time for county cup competitions to be played at the end of the season, and priority given to the league fixtures?

Step 4 may be wishful thinking, there is plenty of football to be played yet, and other teams with a lot more experience, I would not bet against a second season in the Premiership.

Chris, Millers is joint 1st team manager, alongside myself.

No official was consulted, as this would have been communicated with us for our input, and Club only knew of via receipt of the generic email received.

The frustrating thing to add to this is we were planning to stay Friday also, as when making the journey last season I found it all a bit draining travelling the same day, and playing. We wanted our players to have the the extra night as part of our preparation, which the option of is no longer available according to the email received. So we travel out same day for a 1.30 KO, so not much rest time either after a draining commute. Pretty poor in our opinion and we are not at all happy with it.

Thanks for the reply. Look forward to seeing you all on Saturday.

Will this date decision affect your player availability?

I can understand your "consultancy" issues!

the point the affected clubs are making ther has been no consultancy,no contact from guernsey or league ,surley first question should of been WOULD it be easier for your club to play friday or sunday? then suggest the dates not make the dates then post then tell the league??!!.of course all players that would of been available on a satuarday will not all be available for a friday night or a sunday (work/familes etc)

.....and my contribution to the debate?

I just want to acknowledge the time and effort the fixture secretary, Alan Constable, has put given in order to get ALL the fixtures for the CCL re-arranged. He has a thankless task and he will not please all the people all the time etc etc but without his work the worse case scenario would be no league and no games played.

So thank you Mr Constable, I applaud you.

according to South Parks web site they play two games in two days

March 2013

Sat 9th 15:00 Away Dorking

Sat 16th 15:00 Home Egham Town

Sun 17th 13:30 Away Guernsey

Tue 19th 19:45 Home Dorking

Sat 23rd 15:00 Away Hartley Wintney

Sat 30th 15:00 Home Colliers Wood United

be interesting to see if they move the Egham Town game to the Friday night.

I've seen the email from the league as I'm on one of the CTFC internal email lists. It says "There will also be a “knock-on” effect with other matches having to be re-arranged accordingly. These will show on a weekly bulletin in the near future."

I presume this includes Dorking's and South Park's Saturday games before their Sunday over there.

Our original game away to Guernsey was postponed due to the Vase, Alan has given us a new date just like he does for any other postponement, we'll get on with it. I've only heard one of our club officials' view so far and he doesn't mind playing on a Sunday although we are wondering if it means we'll have to pay for an overnight stay ourselves if we want to fly out on the Saturday. That's something to be arranged between the clubs. I can understand Millers' frustration though as their game has simply being moved without being postponed. I think, with hindsight, Alan could have consulted the clubs affected in that way first but it's too late now. We all know Alan does a difficult job well so I hope he doesn't get offended by what people are saying.