Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Town FC (RUMOUR)

Wealdstone ? interesting.

Underhill reminds me a bit of Wimbledon FCs old ground Plough Lane hope it doesn't go the same way and have a very slow death its never nice to see a football ground just to slowly rot away.

Did Barnet FC really need to leave Underhill ? as its a very decent non - league football ground and they are now a non - league football club.

Probably not but commercially they did, the income from the Hive being open 7 days a week is what the chairman has been searching for ever since the failed attempts to build a stadium at copthall in the late 1990's(now Allianz Park of course),plus Underhill's age meant repairs and patching up needed to be done regularly plus the dressing rooms were too small for the fl w/effect from 2014/15.There were also access issues due to expiry of a lease on the cricket ground behind the south stand.

Probably not but commercially they did, the income from the Hive being open 7 days a week is what the chairman has been searching for ever since the failed attempts to build a stadium at copthall in the late 1990's(now Allianz Park of course),plus Underhill's age meant repairs and patching up needed to be done regularly plus the dressing rooms were too small for the fl w/effect from 2014/15.There were also access issues due to expiry of a lease on the cricket ground behind the south stand.

Many Thanks

Hope Barnet FC do well next season. With Mad Dog in charge im sure they will.

It will also be good to see football being played at Underhill again even if it is just for a few games.

You'd do well to distance yourself from a certain mouth piece who has a way of turning people against clubs.

Is that really called for

Is it my fault that certain Club's and some individuals don't like home truths

Is it my fault that certain Club's and some individuals don't like home truths

Of course not oh wise one, seer of all, attendee of many games, involved man at many clubs, successful agent to the big and brightest stars, wonderful father and husband. What you say is truth and those of us who don't like it are just bitter, sad, lonely and pathetic keyboard warriors with nothing better to do than troll. I fall at your feet humbled and wait with baited breath to hear your next sharp insight and truth. Is that better?

It's great to see Edgware Town's name up in lights on Stafford Rangers website ahead of the eagerly awaited friendly on 19 July:

http://www.staffordrangersfc.co.uk/

Up in lights? - it shows how blinkered you really are................

it's clearly a big deal for him so I'm certain he'll be going as he is has not stopped talking about it, be really odd if he didn't go now. I hope ETFC take up some of my recommendations for places to stay and eat and drink in Stafford it's a lovely town and a decent football club.

it's clearly a big deal for him so I'm certain he'll be going as he is has not stopped talking about it, be really odd if he didn't go now.

What odds can you get

I went to University in Stafford.  The ground is a bit of a trek from the Town Centre from what I recall.  Nice ground though - I went a few times when I was up there.  Not sure if its still there as I was there over ten years ago now, but I used to go to the Lord Nelson near ASDA quite a lot.  It was a great little pub.  

it's clearly a big deal for him so I'm certain he'll be going as he is has not stopped talking about it, be really odd if he didn't go now. I hope ETFC take up some of my recommendations for places to stay and eat and drink in Stafford it's a lovely town and a decent football club.

Where do you recommend? I'm going up to watch, will probably stay over with my mate. The famous Gavin Shaw and Peter are going as well apparently. So at least 4 of us there....and Rhodes??? Although I'm not sure I will be following the lads on their night out.  Asst-manager Daz Bloor used to play for Stafford, so assume he will be taking the lead on where to go. From what I gather he has got close links to the club still that's how they got the friendly.

The vine is a decent b&b, soup kitchen for a great brekkie in the morning. The Grapes is a good boozer from what I remember and Après is a decent bar. Will be a good trip. There is a nightclub just out of town centre can't remember the name but was ok too.

http://www.vinehotelpub.co.uk/

http://www.thesoupkitchen.co.uk/home.htm

http://www.grapesstafford.org.uk/

http://www.bigreddirectory.com/apres-bar-stafford

Right - night in Stafford Town Centre -

The Swan Hotel had lots in, but the music is turned down so not the sort of place for 21 year olds to live it up in my eyes, although it has got a good busy and friendly atmosphere to enjoy a drink.

The Post House just up the road from Casa ,which has the 'Red' disco bar as well as its other bars is probably one of the best bets and one of the most popular bars at the moment, together with The Picture House (Weatherspoons) which is across the road from Casa.

There aren't really any more lively disco bars in the town centre past The Swan Hotel so not worth hunting around the town.

The Grapes Pub is also across the road from Casa and is a live music bar.

Good Fish&chip shop over the road from Casa as well if you are feeling peckish.

So to sum it up........ Casa, Post House, The Picture House, Swan Hotel, Grapes (and maybe The Yard) All situated around that area.

Just to add, Stafford isn't as lively as a lot of places (lots of the nightclubs and bars have closed down lately,including a decent nightclub which was right next to Casa) so don't expect wall-to-wall people down the streets . But if you stick around that area you should have a lively night.

The famous Gavin Shaw and Peter are going as well apparently

I assume all Police leave has been cancelled in Stafford on 19 July

The constitution still has to be passed at the SSMFL AGM

So no opposition at the AGM today then

Perhaps he just forgot, I didn't think anybody would be pernickety enough to raise an issue with the Club joining Division 1

Karen - Well it wouldn't have surprised me if someone had stood up and given an opinion that's all