Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 1st November Fixtures

CB Hounslow United 2 Ash United 2

Last season when i went to CBHU, I set a few personal records. No-one took my money on the gate so got in for free, no programme and an attendance of 17. ( I told Lazarus when I next saw him and he wasn't too happy).

This year it was a bit more professional ( I guess you have to be after getting all them grants). £5 to get in, £1 for a programme and an attendance of 36, although i suspect quite a few of the extra came from Ash.Programme pretty unspectacular, but is certainly the first programme I've bought in 40 years of football watching with no page in it giving the team lineups opposite each other. Weird !

As for the game, well it actually wasn't too bad, despite not kicking off until 1511 as apparently Ash bought a kit which the ref deemed clashed.. End to end stuff and some snatches of decent play. No PA announcements or team details posted so I can't tell you who actually scored, but Ash started well only to be overhauled by CB who deseverdly took the lead after 25. CB then immediately switched off allowing Ash back in to get the equaliser on 37 - H/T 1-1.

CB handed a big boost on 57 minutes whan some poor Ash defending allowed a CB forward through on goal. Keeper bought him down, was sent off and CB went 2-1 up from the penalty. With an outfielder in goal all the home side had to do was fire in a few shots and victory was surely theirs.

So of course the opposite happened. Ash fought back, got their own ( dubious to my mind ) penalty after 61 and equalised and then looked most likely to win. CB hardly had a shot. Ref a bit whistle happy to my mind - sending off was fair enough, but 5 bookings in this match was a bit over the top.

CB have some good youngsters and are doing better than last year so they seem to be going in the right direction. Just a slightly more conventional programme next year please.

Yeah saw that Rother after sending my post.  So what happened ?  A big bump down to earth !

Basically Highworth's No 9 Bohane was superb. Best cf we've played against since Ross Allen and we couldn't cope with him.

Plus we gave the ball away lots which doesn't help.

A great big bump from time to time doesn't do any harm I guess!

Wood go marching on in the vase winning 4-3 in extra time against a very good passing team although 2 up against the run of play,we get pegged back 2-2,3-2 up to 3-3 (miss a pen at 2-2),win 4-3 in extra time.

£900 in the bank for the wood.on our day we will beat anyone! And after the struggles against mole valley and Badshot Lea the result was massively welcome,6 more games to wembley (not vale either).

CB Hounslow United 2 Ash United 2

Last season when i went to CBHU, I set a few personal records. No-one took my money on the gate so got in for free, no programme and an attendance of 17. ( I told Lazarus when I next saw him and he wasn't too happy).

This year it was a bit more professional ( I guess you have to be after getting all them grants). £5 to get in, £1 for a programme and an attendance of 36, although i suspect quite a few of the extra came from Ash.Programme pretty unspectacular, but is certainly the first programme I've bought in 40 years of football watching with no page in it giving the team lineups opposite each other. Weird !

As for the game, well it actually wasn't too bad, despite not kicking off until 1511 as apparently Ash bought a kit which the ref deemed clashed.. End to end stuff and some snatches of decent play. No PA announcements or team details posted so I can't tell you who actually scored, but Ash started well only to be overhauled by CB who deseverdly took the lead after 25. CB then immediately switched off allowing Ash back in to get the equaliser on 37 - H/T 1-1.

CB handed a big boost on 57 minutes whan some poor Ash defending allowed a CB forward through on goal. Keeper bought him down, was sent off and CB went 2-1 up from the penalty. With an outfielder in goal all the home side had to do was fire in a few shots and victory was surely theirs.

So of course the opposite happened. Ash fought back, got their own ( dubious to my mind ) penalty after 61 and equalised and then looked most likely to win. CB hardly had a shot. Ref a bit whistle happy to my mind - sending off was fair enough, but 5 bookings in this match was a bit over the top.

CB have some good youngsters and are doing better than last year so they seem to be going in the right direction. Just a slightly more conventional programme next year please.

The Ash United first goal was a own goal by CB Hounslow's defender A.Stirling who nearly scored a winner for CB right at the end of the game with a good header. The first CB goal was a cracker. Thought it was a good game and the draw was the fare result for both teams also thought CB's number 9 was CB's best player and could easily play a level higher.

Yes the CB Hounslow programme is poor in a lot of ways but it is much better then it was 7 or 8 years ago which had such poor print you could hardly read it and it only had about 8 pages and even less information than yesterdays programme. 

And snap it was the first time I have ever paid to watch CB Hounslow United FC play and I thought £5 and £1 for a programme was a bit to much to pay in my opinion the programme should have been free with the entry fee I would have said a £4 entrance fee including the very basic programme would have been about right.

Yes no team line up in the programme or in the ground (No team sheet or players names written any where) is poor in my opinion these little things can make all the difference in getting a few extra people through the gate who then spread the word.

Most of the people who were at yesterdays game were Ash United FC people and that does not surprise me.

But I did enjoy the game.

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

Badshot Lea 3 Mole Valley 4 - Had to throw this in here. We were down 3-1 down, with 9 men, with just 10 minutes left on the clock (and we had played with 10 since the half hour mark),

Then we went and scored 3 times in the last 10 minutes! Don't think I've ever seen a come back like that! Can't be happier with the lads character who dug so deep and never stopped.

Badshot Lea are a Completley dif side to who we played earlier in season, very good attacking side and can see why they are moving up the table which makes the win even more impressive for the boys.

Well, what can I say? I had a quick chat with a couple of HTFC officials after the game and they were really surprised that we didn't change our tactics at half time and throw the kitchen sink at them. To Highworth's credit, they were very well organised and disciplined in their play and stopped us from doing anything of note. Rother is spot on about our passing being all over the place. The bottom line is that we were deservedly beaten by a very good team. And the officials can't be blamed either.

Well, what can I say? I had a quick chat with a couple of HTFC officials after the game and they were really surprised that we didn't change our tactics at half time and throw the kitchen sink at them. To Highworth's credit, they were very well organised and disciplined in their play and stopped us from doing anything of note. Rother is spot on about our passing being all over the place. The bottom line is that we were deservedly beaten by a very good team. And the officials can't be blamed either.

Nice to see some open honesty.  Well done LS.

Disappointed Krooner, so correct if I am wrong, but are you not an official who could have helped maybe ?  ;)

Only needed to be asked Bad Guy.  Not my call to tell him to not do the game.  He has been around long enough to know he should have done it himself.

Mind you if I offered every game I saw an official not up to it I would be doing it every week ;)

Was at Krooner Park today Kroons watching Maidenhead ladies progress into the next round of the ladies F A cup,they beat a strong Shanklin I O W team 3 0 in a very good encounter,have to say the officials were very good imo

Glad to hear it was a good game.  Bit of an upset too as I was told Shanklin were decent.

What a disastrous day for the so called "top" CCL clubs!

Spelthorne, Windsor, Camberley, Ashford Town and of the rest, Epsom, Guildford and Chertsey who were maybe expected to be higher this year. With Molesey and Cove already out we shouldn't have any fixture backlogs at the top of the table this season!

That's not to take anything away from the winning teams on Saturday. Well done chaps and I hope you all get good draws, either home ones or great trips to somewhere different!

As for us, I've said it before on here, if we were bad, I'll say so.

We were bad!

Lingfield had conceded 50 League goals already this season and were missing their 21 goal leading striker. However, their pace and power gave us trouble all day long and it was all over by half time.

The match report is here: http://www.eefconline.co.uk/LCN127.html

Edited by E&E Rich

Lee, be ironic if you get Wembley in the next round,Batesy and co won 3-2 yesterday.Suppose C.C is still out on the lash ;) WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers smudge,would be nice to play on bates wembley carpet.