Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Vacancies

Having been involved with clubs at step 5,6 and 7 in recent years, I have to say that, compared to the past, the level of commitment regarding training and availability is alarming for these levels. I think many clubs make the "error" of bringing in and relying on lower level or "village" players. As soon as things go pear shaped, they run for safety. A good youth policy would seems to be more important than ever these days.

I half agree with you, but equally there are quite a number of players who do make the step up from lower leagues effectively - players have to come from somewhere!

A good youth policy can be useful, but by definition the young players who come into senior sides earliest are usually those who have been clearly better than their peers and they can sometimes also really struggle with not being the number 1 and having everything come as easily as it was in u18, u21 or whatever age side. I have seen just as many really talented (but slightly wayward attitude wise) young players fall by the wayside as players making the step up from local football.

Spot on with the youth policy. Its hard work having a massive youth structure but we are hoping the fruits of our labour will come to fruition over the next 2 to 3 seasons. Getting teams from U13 to U16 in the EJA can be an eye opener for them but they have to learn quickly. Then moving into the Southern Counties Floodlit Youth League is not such a big jump. Its a long process, but we keep our fingers crossed we unearth some gems.

I'm hearing rumours that the St.Mags manager could be next to go after becoming the first manager since records began to lose at home to local rivals Hertford Town on Tuesday. (1-2 in case I've haven't mentioned this before)

No wonder he's busy studying the vacancies page!

Don't worry too much Gavin, you could be Hoddy's manager of the week next week.

It's probably his turn by now!

Yes we have a change of manager. Dene Gardner has not been too well lately and requires some rest but will stay with the club on the committee. Paul Faulkner has stepped up from assistant to Manager.

Yes we have a change of manager. Dene Gardner has not been too well lately and requires some rest but will stay with the club on the committee. Paul Faulkner has stepped up from assistant to Manager.

Proper manager/coach he's is. Man-management skills second to none and contacts a plenty. I imagine you'll have a lot of players wanting to play down at the green next season.

I saw on Twitter Kent athletic manager penman is leaving at the end of the season a great option for clubs looking for a manager caught a few on there games last few years they have a real strong side

I know Jason Personally and he himself fit would be one of the best midfielders in the prem extremely gifted player! Most importantly has a great player pull list... snap him up

Having been involved with clubs at step 5,6 and 7 in recent years, I have to say that, compared to the past, the level of commitment regarding training and availability is alarming for these levels. I think many clubs make the "error" of bringing in and relying on lower level or "village" players. As soon as things go pear shaped, they run for safety. A good youth policy would seems to be more important than ever these days.

Any news on the new under 21 next year league ?

It is said to be mid week games but how many teams will join ?

Does any team need to recruit a manager or extra players for the under 21 ?

From Twitter

“@HillingdonBFC: Mick Byron has resigned as first team manager. The club would like to thank Mick for all his hard work and wish him well in the future.”

So many jobs up for grabs this summer!

Any news on the new under 21 next year league ?

It is said to be mid week games but how many teams will join ?

Does any team need to recruit a manager or extra players for the under 21 ?

From April Management Committee Meeting Minutes

5.3. Development Division

Bill Scholes intimated that following the letter to all clubs requesting them to register their intent, it was disappointing that only 6 had expressed a genuine desire to take part in a Development Division. The committee agreed not to progress the proposal further at this stage due to the lack of interest.

5.4. Reserve Section

A sufficient number of clubs had expressed their wish to continue with a Reserve Division. The need now was to establish whether or not this should continue on a regional basis.