Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

premier league predictions for next season?

Unfortunately it is the way of the world now and the prem is becoming one of them leagues you struggle to win without a reasonable budget. People can exaggerate the amount they have been offered but there must be something worthwhile on the table if clubs are signing all these players this early. I wonder if the clubs can sustain these wage bills come the winter months when people prefer to sit in on a Saturday afternoon watching the box, it wouldn't be the first time clubs offer and pay wages to get players over then a couple of months into the season they dry up!

Unfortunately it is the way of the world now and the prem is becoming one of them leagues you struggle to win without a reasonable budget. People can exaggerate the amount they have been offered but there must be something worthwhile on the table if clubs are signing all these players this early. I wonder if the clubs can sustain these wage bills come the winter months when people prefer to sit in on a Saturday afternoon watching the box, it wouldn't be the first time clubs offer and pay wages to get players over then a couple of months into the season they dry up!

Usually when they get knocked out of the FA Cup

If winning the title last season was tough, 2016-17 is going to be even tougher. So many teams going for it. Looking forward to see how it all goes and will be keeping an eye on the clubs twitter accounts and of course on here. Exciting times ahead.

Over 100 points will clinch it, that is my cop out of a prediction.

Edited by OD's

• 2 weeks later...

Nah it'll come down to whoever pays the most money, as it did last season and every season for the last 5 years or so. If Welwyn don't win it with that budget, it's a crime.

Are Leighton Town struggling? Pulled out of Saturday's game at Bedford Town & cancelled last night's training session.

With their new management team I'm surprised if there's a lack of players, but it doesn't look good with those cancellations and an advert for new players on Twitter 2 days ago!

Always love the way clubs who are afraid of getting tonked put down it is an XI they are putting out. What is that all about? Can understand a Luton Town XI or Stevenage FC XI coming down for a friendly as they will be a mix of first/reserves/under 21's or whatever, but clubs in the SSML??

Isn't a team full of players good enough and not good enough every clubs line up pre-season?? Or should they put it is an XI so no one actually knows whether it is a good result or a bad result? We all know pre-season results should never be taken too seriously but personally if a team named an XI against the club I was involved with in a similar league, I would find it a bit insulting!

Afternoon - I genuinely do love this forum and keeps me highly entertained on my lunch breaks! Seen all the comments re budgets.

First of all yes we have got a budget and yes I would agree it is a good one for this league which I fully agree should allow us to compete - I wont pretend we haven't like others I am sure will!!!

I would also like to say though that as a club we have worked tirelessly to improve all aspects of the club on and off the pitch and not one penny of our budget comes from an individuals pocket! We also believe once all our building work is done we will have some of the best facilities in the league which is not lost on players either! We had three players sign on less money then offered at 2 other clubs in this league due to knowing they will be playing and training in hopefully what will be top, top facilities. Fact!

So I am under no illusions other clubs haven't offered very good money to players as they have, but it is disrespectful IMO to say that the team with most money wins the league ( Leicester?? )  - I know for a fact KL didn't and I know Chalfont didn't either. Lots of very good sides with good managers and good committees in this league and personally cant wait for this season as think it will be exciting and close all season.

Enjoy the sunshine and hope to see most of you some point this season

The SSMPL budget freaks are out in force again.  

FACT - The SSML is full of over hyped and over paid players. Technically 80% of the players in the league are of a poor standard, which is why they are playing in it. More fool clubs hierarchy for agreeing to the financial demands of players and good luck to those players that can get it. 

You are not about to see Hertford Town, Hoddesdon Town, Crawley Green, Welwyn Garden City, Edgware Town, London Colney and Berkhamstead all of sudden start

playing incredible football. This league has been the same for 10 years........big, physical, well organised, direct sides will over 42 games eventually dominate.

This league is won on a war of nutrition, simple and fact. Fixture back log and poor weather will play their roles to perfection and no doubt come March most teams will be playing three games a week.

Whoever and whichever team ends up winning the league, budget or no budget, good players, average players or rubbish players one thing is certain, THEY WILL ALL NEED AN INCREDIBLE AMOUNT OF LUCK AS WELL!!!

Budgets DON'T win leagues! Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd are proof of that.

Biggleswade Utd and Wembley will shock a few people this season..... :ph34r:

100% agree. Look at L.Colney and Hadley last year - back log killed them. We have tried to bring players in that predominantly have had experience at either winning or competing in this league and know what it is all about which may not even prove to be the winning formula. Every club has their own agenda and targets and will all I am sure work as hard as we are to achieve them.