Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Pre season

Raingod

After last pre season where games were off due to dry pitches and the number of games we will have on 4g pitches it's a very good idea to have a game like this.

Friday 12 July FC United of Manchester (home, 7.45pm)
Saturday 20 July Grays Athletic (away - Aveley FC - 3pm)
Tuesday 30 July Barking (away, 7.45pm)
Saturday 3 August Royston Town (home, 3pm)

Doesn't feel we are testing ourselves enough so far?

Glad I am away on the 3rd - don't ever plan to watch Royston again after the FAT exit in 2017!

Edited by Raingod

Have to agree with you RG. I know MB will have have an entirely different view to mine, but AL's pre-season aspirations seem to be taking us back to two years ago. It also suggests that the more senior sides do not consider EFTC would be strong enough opposition for them to try out even some of their younger players.

Perhaps it is because AL's infamous "Little Black Book" doesn't contain contacts with coaches of any of the under 21 Academies of some of the Essex or London Football League sides who send teams to play pre-season friendlies with other teams in our league. I would rather see a Brentford, Southend, or Leyton Orient under 21 side who would challenge our squad and at the same time attract more revenue. 

It seems we will have to await six weeks into the actual League matches before knowing if things have improved. But I have to admit to being very apprehensive at the present time. 

On 31/05/2019 at 16:17, Raingod said:

Friday 12 July FC United of Manchester (home, 7.45pm)
Saturday 20 July Grays Athletic (away - Aveley FC - 3pm)
Tuesday 30 July Barking (away, 7.45pm)
Saturday 3 August Royston Town (home, 3pm)

Doesn't feel we are testing ourselves enough so far?

Glad I am away on the 3rd - don't ever plan to watch Royston again after the FAT exit in 2017!

Oh I don't know !! Beating FC United of Manchester willl be like knocking over the real thing with you lot ☺☺☺☺

40 minutes ago, ETFC Interested Observer said:

People moaning about pre season friendlies! 

Some of you need to have a break and go and find something else to do for six weeks

There's always tennis and cricket, weather permitting of course !

1 hour ago, Big J R said:

There's always tennis and cricket, weather permitting of course !

I could never be that desperate.

23 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

Oh I don't know !! Beating FC United of Manchester willl be like knocking over the real thing with you lot ☺☺☺☺

Audrey sweetie!

We've missed you! You've always had a way with words, haven't you? You little comedic genius, you! But really darling, haven't you overstepped the mark this time? Why on earth would you want to knock The Real Thing over? What did they ever do to you? We used to love them. And Auds, never forget that as far as I'm concerned you to me are everything.

A flame still burns.

Behind-the-goal

14 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

Quite outspoken for only your second post.:490:Have you just got a computer or are you new supporter ??

Are you only allowed to be 'outspoken' after a certain amount of posts? Let me know how many so i know for next time ?

Nope! I've just got plenty of other things to do with my time, maybe some others should try it, must get a bit boring sitting on here waiting to moan about something.

But each to their own :D

Welcome "Int-Observer", so far as I am aware, as a member you are entitled to put forward your views freely. We do have an arbiter, who we all respect, who steps in some times when posts get a little over the top. But I am sure we all look forward to reading your comments even if, like mine, they do not always receive universal agreement. But it's a good way of letting off steam!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

5 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

We do have an arbiter, who we all respect, who steps in some times when posts get a little over the top. 

Hi!

?

21 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Welcome "Int-Observer", so far as I am aware, as a member you are entitled to put forward your views freely. We do have an arbiter, who we all respect, who steps in some times when posts get a little over the top. But I am sure we all look forward to reading your comments even if, like mine, they do not always receive universal agreement. But it's a good way of letting off steam!!

Yes welcome, and congratulations, you've had more responses to your third posting than I've ever had to any of mine! :lol4: Still, if I will post shite what should I expect?

3 hours ago, WXEn8 said:

Yes welcome, and congratulations, you've had more responses to your third posting than I've ever had to any of mine! :lol4: Still, if I will post shite what should I expect?

Quite frankly, this the post of the day! Top man! If I'm being totally honest I should say I'm more of a WD40 man, but always willing to give WXEn8 a go. What exactly do you use it for?

13 hours ago, behind-the-goal said:

Quite frankly, this the post of the day! Top man! If I'm being totally honest I should say I'm more of a WD40 man, but always willing to give WXEn8 a go. What exactly do you use it for?

For easing my passage through QEII's tiny turnstiles! :(