Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cheshunt v Enfield Town

seemgee

38 minutes ago, Seaside Towner said:

Agree with Theo, not the greatest spectacle but a real end to end game. The atmosphere created was tremendous by both sets of supporters and had a real derby feel to it. I hope chesthunt stay up as I'd love two more games against them next season !

You will get shot down in flames for your last comment as some people will believe you have no ambition hoping that we play Cheshunt next season.?

Well I guess its a bitter pill to swallow for us but thats football. We are still missing our centre half which showed up badly especially with the second goal . but begrudged congrats to you lot . Nice to have a good crowd for a change . Thanks for popping by . 

Well, on the one hand, for the second weekend running we conceded two goals against relegation candidate and made it impossible for someone not already in the know to tell which of the two teams were in with a chance of the play-offs and which might go down. 

However, on the other hand, I saw some definite improvements over last Saturday's game. We played the ball on the ground much more. (Gosh! Should I really have to write this? Shouldn't it be a given?) And also there were a few nice moves, the likes of which we haven't seen for a while. We also saw another class goal from Billy and that direct-from-a-corner goal from Sam. Could have been luck, but I'm not so sure. Before an earlier corner Billy seemed to be telling Sam to aim to do just that (presumably because of the wind). 

Anyway, glass neither half empty, nor half full. I'd say a quarter full, with three-quarters gone missing (like our defence).

A very erudite summation BtG.  

It was vital that we won yesterday, not just because it was Cheshunt, but because the next 4 league games will define our season. They will determine whether or not we have a chance of reaching the play-offs. Each game will require AL and the team to step up to the plate and show us if they are up for the challenge. A good start this coming Saturday would be a big boost!!!!! Time for airing our opinions is over, results are now all that matters.  Hoping for a good home crowd to help the cause.

Obviously gutted to lose but an enjoyable afternoon, it certainly was a game of two halves the first was manic with not much quality but plenty of excitement and the second a bit more sedate. A bit of quality settled the game and we never looked like coming back for the third time, i'm confident we won't go down so if you don't go up see you next season, all the best.

Good highlights package.

It was a good game - we battled hard for the win and I thought we deserved it, though Cheshunt were a little unlucky not to grab a point. Didn't look like a top 7 team against a bottom 7 game - though, in truth, we looked nearer to their actual level than they did to ours.

Good to see the new signing, Josh, involved with the winner. Though when I said before the game that it looked like a good signing, I had rather assumed he was a centre back that would help us shore up the centre of defence. Don't think we had a problem at right back with probably two of the best in the league in Sam Hatton and Jonathan Muleba, certainly in going forward. Josh looked to be of the same ilk - no immediate improvements on show in the defensive duties and I expect Sam will have been disappointed not to have played. Seems odd if we've just signed a third right back?

Edited by AnfieldTowner

Strange one this, apparently josh started out as a midfielder and then reverted to full back and as AT rightly says we are well catered for in the full back position we are still in dire need of a pacy centre half who can head a ball and have been for most of the season

I had assumed that Josh was a central defender. Presumably it was a signing which presented itself to AL as an opportunity to improve in that position? But we are in desperate need of a centre half. Watching the Cheshunt goals back, the defending was awful - non-existent!

11 hours ago, Wildlife rescue said:

I am still under the impression that josh is a centre half and I'm sure Andy started him there but as soon as we scored he seemed to move josh to right back and put Johnathan alongside Mark.

Are we saying that Andy moved the Centre Back to Right back.And a the Right Back to Centre Back as soon as we went one nil up? Seems an odd thing to do.

Edited by lovely stuff