Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 27th Sept Fixtures?

Smudge

Was checking out this coming Saturdays fixture on the CCL Official,and FA Official websites.Now we all know that the League runs with 21 clubs,but with Raynes Park Vale being involved in the FA Cup,that leaves 20 Clubs,but only 9 Premier fixtures are being shown.Have Bedfont Sports and Guildford City been given the week off? Maybe Lazurus could confirm?

It is Bedfont Sports' turn to be without a match, due to the odd numbers whilst Guildford are out of action as they were due to play RP Vale who are engaged instead in the FA Cup.

The two clubs without matches could have got together and agreed to play each other but as they are meeting on a Saturday anyway in the near future, they probably didn't wish to do so.  Other than in exceptional circumstances, any decision in the Prem to bring matches forward is one for the clubs involved.

We have a similar situation the following Saturday when a number of clubs have lost their original opponents due to the FA Vase.  An email was sent to all the clubs left without matches inviting them to pair up and I am aware that at least two are trying and another one which is happy to have a Saturday off.

As discussed with one of our clubs this afternoon, it is far better that we have an even number of clubs in both divisions whenever possible but circumstances sometimes make it unavoidable.

F.A CUP

Billericay Town v Raynes Park Vale-----Best of Luck to all at RPV,Have a great day,Win or lose you have already done us proud.

Premier Division.

Ashford Town v Farnham Town  home win 

Chertsey Town take on high flying Cove, away win

Colliers Wood v Westfield, a high scoring game for sure,Draw

Frimley Green v Molesey, a goal fest, away win

Hartley Wintney v Camberley Town,a game for the purist Wimbledon Fan,draw

Knaphill v Hanworth Villa,a relegation dogfight,Away win

Mole Valley v Badshot Lea, a tough one to call,away win

Spelthorne Sports v Epsom and Ewell,they say things go in 2's,Away Win

Windsor v Horley Town,will it be seventh heaven again ,i doubt it,Home win.

Div 1

Ash Utd v AFC Croydon Ath,will the grass be cut in time? Draw

CB Hounslow v Cobham, fancy improved CB for this one

Chessington and Hook v Eversley and California,home win

Dorking v Staines Lammas,points needed by both sides,Draw

Farleigh Rovers v Banstead Ath,another top of the table clash,who would of thought that at seasons start,Home Win.

Sandhurst v Epsom Ath. a home win for the Fizzers

Sheerwater v Alton Town,have to say an away win,was impressed by Alton last year,even though they got relegated

Worcester Park v Bedfont and Feltham,not a game for the faint hearted,this will be an epic,home win.

After a 6 week layoff,from football,I personally will be attending a game tomoz,hope to see some Forumites there,mines an Orange.!!!!!!!

HW 0 v 2 Camberley

HW missed a glorious chance in the 1st minute and Camberley also had a good chance.  Camberley were lucky to have 11 left at ht when the ref only gave a yellow for a pull on a striker who appeared to be in on goal.  0 0 at half time

Camberley had a little more purpose in the 2nd half and took the lead when the HW skipper pulled down Sam Slater in the box.  think he can then consider himself lucky not to be sent off. 

Try as they might HW couldn't get back into it and Coles scored a 2nd with 2 minutes to go.

always enjoy my trips to HW and got out gunned by the HW left back towards the end although he then did lose the next header ;)

Windsor 5-1 Horley

An assessor was at the game today and bloody hell, didn't the ref's performance reflcet that.

I thought Horley were particularly hard done by but the fuss he made over every little thing - minor dissent resulted in bookings, an accumulation of the most minor physical contact also resulted in yellows and multiple other nothing infringements were blown up even when there were obvious advantages to be taken. A straight red for a Horley defender after what was a bad foul seemed pretty harsh as well.

I guess one should bear in mind that for all I know the ref might have been "on review" for being too lenient and common-sensical in a previous game.

Not that it was his fault but Windsor's 5th goal was at least 2 yards offside - so easy to spot I have no idea how the lino could possibly have missed it. To be fair, other than that the lino did ok, including sticking to his guns when the ref ridiculously and theatrically gave a goal kick to Horley after the ball was clearly headed behind by a defender.

Nice hat-trick from 19yo Kane Jones - 1st one we've scored for what seems like years.

Lots of 12yo boys from Windsor made a fair bit of high pitched noise including embarrassingly cringe-making baiting of Horley's keeper. 

A very comfortable win.

Edited by Rother

Windsor 5-1 Horley

An assessor was at the game today and bloody hell, didn't the ref's performance reflcet that.

I thought Horley were particularly hard done by but the fuss he made over every little thing - minor dissent resulted in bookings, an accumulation of the most minor physical contact also resulted in yellows and multiple other nothing infringements were blown up even when there were obvious advantages to be taken. A straight red for a Horley defender after what was a bad foul seemed pretty harsh as well.

I guess one should bear in mind that for all I know the ref might have been "on review" for being too lenient and common-sensical in a previous game.

Not that it was his fault but Windsor's 5th goal was at least 2 yards offside - so easy to spot I have no idea how the lino could possibly have missed it. To be fair, other than that the lino did ok, including sticking to his guns when the ref ridiculously and theatrically gave a goal kick to Horley after the ball was clearly headed behind by a defender.

Nice hat-trick from 19yo Kane Jones - 1st one we've scored for what seems like years.

Lots of 12yo boys from Windsor made a fair bit of high pitched noise including embarrassingly cringe-making baiting of Horley's keeper.

A very comfortable win.

no argument with the result.

but as you say the ref was awful from start to finish.

Excellent pitch.

Apologies that we didnt turn up until we went down to ten men.

Understand Westfield might be on the lookout for a new manager! Anyone else here the hear the same rumour? If so who is available to take up the post

Windsor 5-1 Horley

A very comfortable win.

The referee at our game informed me that the assessor was originally on our game but sent to Windsor instead. :ph34r:

Officials good at our game :wub:  - Report here - http://spiderbee.tripod.com/cwufc/id23.html

Once again, nice people at Westfield with right back Wales very impressive!

Question to anyone in the know........

If two players from the same team go down with injuries at the same time and receive treatment, do they both have to leave the field of play thus leaving the team down to 9 players.

Question to anyone in the know........

If two players from the same team go down with injuries at the same time and receive treatment, do they both have to leave the field of play thus leaving the team down to 9 players.

Yes

In answer to Rother saying tht the referee was fussy, what else is he supposed to do when a player commits a number of petty fouls? Ignore them? No. He speaks to the player concerned to advise him of the error of his ways. That for me is why Kyle Lucas got cautioned in the second half after giving away 4 or 5 silly free kicks. As for the red card, my view was that the referee got it right. When I spoke to Mick Woodham after the game, he had a different view and he thought that it should have been a yellow at worst. All about angles and opinions isn't it.

Kane Jones hat trick? I don't think so. I am convinced that a defender headed the first one in.

I also agree with what HTFC Supporter said that they only turned up after going down to ten men. What gets me is that Windsor drew 2-2 with Guildford yet Horley anhialated them 7-1. You can't take anything for granted this season.

Edited by Lazy Sod