Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Notts County 3 - 3 Hornchurch (HFC win 5-4 pens)

and1inthetree

This is what can happen if you have a vision and the resilience and determination to achieve it. Well done, but really words are not enough for what everyone at the club achieved. This for me tops the 1st/2nd round of FA cup, Weymouth and the slog in the ESL. My first match was Marlow at home - anyone out there know what year that was?? I can then pin down how many years I’ve supported this great club. 

County fan here!

Many, many congratulations on your deserved progress to Wembley.

Your performance on Saturday epitomises what football and Cup competitions are about for us all. I will admit I thought we'd thrash you, but I am delighted you triumphed in the manner you did for your Club and it's supporters, whilst setting an example of playing with hope and desire.

All at Notts, I am sure, will have one eye on The Wembley result and sincerely hope you succeed in achieving the dream!!

Well done!

I said i'd be back.  and here I am.

nearly 48 hours on and I am still delirious and giddy over the whole miracle at meadow lane.  not sure if was the camera angle or what, but that pitch looked massive and when we went a goal down, the players were blowing hard and I feared we were about to get our backsides handed to us in a brutal way.

however.  that parcell block.  it was a certain goal, but that block defined the entire match for me.  blood and guts defending, passion and belief shown everywhere on the pitch.  wright pulled off one of the greatest saves ever.  the leadership shown was just incredible.  to get the equaliser on stroke of half time was amazing and I have no idea what was said in the dressing room at half time, but we came out second half and were just amazing.  none of the players left anything behind.  everything they had went into that and I have never been more proud of the club.  ever.

I also didn't think anything could come close to weymouth.  but as I explained to my kids yesterday - I was very happy when I married their mummy, was very happy when they were born, but Saturday was one of the happiest days of my life.  

football.  bloody hell.

WOW  what has just happened in the last 48 Hours.  We have a fantastic club and management team and amazing Fans too and in my 8 seasons coming to the Urchins I never dreamed we would ever get to Wembley and I know many of you have been here longer and remember the buzz of the Weymouth FA Cup tie an beyond but this is so out of this world it's amazing.

I am a lucky enough person to be able to spend some time around the First team and all I can say is we have an amazing bunch of players who have such a strong team bond that they have carried the flag for this team all the way to Wembley at such a time as this with the covid lockdown they have lifted our spirits and beliefs in the love of football to a level never thought of.

It was such an amazing game to watch and see the lads fight every second of the match and that is what has underlined this squad the belief and fight to take this team as far as they have.  I'm so proud of the lads and the management and it is such a great honour to be able to be around and to work with and we now have a dream day out to look forward to.

Lets hope all the regular supporters will be able to make it to the final and have their day out that this team has given us so we can celebrate this clubs historical appearance together.

UP THE URCHINS

On 29/03/2021 at 09:53, County Phil said:

County fan here!

Many, many congratulations on your deserved progress to Wembley.

Your performance on Saturday epitomises what football and Cup competitions are about for us all. I will admit I thought we'd thrash you, but I am delighted you triumphed in the manner you did for your Club and it's supporters, whilst setting an example of playing with hope and desire.

All at Notts, I am sure, will have one eye on The Wembley result and sincerely hope you succeed in achieving the dream!!

Well done!

Thank you Phil - I think even the most die-hard Hornchurch fans were probably fearing the worst when that semi-final draw was made but there's been a massive spirit through the club during this awful pandemic and that's carried us through I think.

Hope you guys get promotion you deserve to be in a higher league. 

What a phenomenal performance by the whole Hornchurch FC organisation.  'Congratulations' does not even begin to do justice to your accomplishments.  You have made us all so very proud!

For the past few years I have been following the team from afar as my personal circumstances prevented me from attending matches.  No It wasn't prison!!  But now things are different and I will be able to get down to the Bridge when the new season starts.

Well done everyone.  You have created a legend.

A truly remarkable achievement, one I never thought I would see. Well done to everyone involved and all the hard work put in. I was in the bath following the score after being worn out by a Chinese lady (no not like that) and at 3-2 down I thought..oh well, they’ve had a good run!...and the rest is history.

I would love to go but if it’s BT Sport & a crate of beer..so be it?