Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Transfers

I am not sure how other scouts conduct themselves on forums but I have always been a person to keep a low key approach to my job.I do understand your point of view Duncs as you are totally correct as I could be anybody, as far as naming players goes we can name any player as long as they are not under contract. We are a Kent based club in the top half of league two that's all the information I can give. I hope to see some of you guys in the up and coming fixtures

Whyteleafe? <_<

I am not sure how other scouts conduct themselves on forums but I have always been a person to keep a low key approach to my job.I do understand your point of view Duncs as you are totally correct as I could be anybody, as far as naming players goes we can name any player as long as they are not under contract. We are a Kent based club in the top half of league two that's all the information I can give. I hope to see some of you guys in the up and coming fixtures

Tell you what, you sign up Adrian Butler and send Kedwell on loan to Wimbledon for the rest of the season ;)

I am not sure how other scouts conduct themselves on forums but I have always been a person to keep a low key approach to my job.

I've never seen a scout openly post on a forum. It's not a very professional way of approaching things is it? "Hello fellas, I'm a scout, which players should I be looking at?"

Do you think anyone's going to tell you which of their players you should take? It's not as if many are on contract so can be financially rewarded and the majority of clubs at this level probably have a tale to tell about how they've been morally stitched up by a higher club anyway, contract player or not.

I'm sure most clubs are happy for their players, especially the youngsters, to get offered a trial at a league club but the scouts have to do the work themselves by going to watch the players play. And I'm sure their expenses will cover the few quid it costs to get in. Why do the majority of scouts think they don't have to pay? Most League 2 clubs are spending a million a year on player's wages. The entry prices at this level are nothing compared to that.

Excellent post VP you make an exemplary gate man in the absence of Roy who must be the nicest man on the planet, you even managed to charge Smudge for his entrance on Saturday which is no mean feat and TRS who is a legend in CCL filmography had to pay. So why do all these so called Scouts feel they have the right to turn up to any club where every pound counts and get in free?

Edited by Flint700

Excellent post VP you make an exemplary gate man in the absence of Roy who must be the nicest man on the planet, you even managed to charge Smudge for his entrance on Saturday which is no mean feat and TRS who is a legend in CCL filmography had to pay. So why do all these so called Scouts feel they have the right to turn up to any club where every pound counts and get in free?

Smudge has always paid his way,even when he spends 90 mins Ballboying,or time running the Line.Very polite V.P. was about it too,TRS always pays as well,although if I did as much as he does for the CCL Clubs,I would expect FREE ENTRY.

In fact Smudge very kindly paid my sub on Saturday! Don't expect or want free entry to be honest, prefer to pay my way!

Duncs, scouts aren't allowed to say who they are working for as clubs want to stay one step ahead of their competitors. If QPR are watching a Combined Counties player you can guarantee that one from Chelsea, Fulham, Brentford & Barnet are watching them as well or will do when they hear a competitor is. Dan Thompson at Hampton & Richmond was a prime example of this. When he was playing for Weebs in the reserves only Barnet had come in for him, within weeks of him making the first team most clubs in the country were looking at him.

I have to agree with Chubby on this one, I've never come across a scout worth his salt that uses a public forum to identify players although sadly believe it or not a lot of scouts work on word of mouth or press reports than looking with their own eyes.

Whilst I understand the points made about paying on the door clubs will cover entrance fees but how many officials from CCL clubs use their passes when watching a match their clubs not involved in? Some will pay their way, some will accept a complimentary - it comes down to the individual. A lot of clubs are happy to build relationships with clubs as it can come in handy in the future. Some clubs are more keen to progress their players than others.

Scouts will look at CCL players as you never know where a diamond in the rough will emerge. I know of 2 top 4 premier league clubs that follow this level. You only have to look at Lammas' recent loss to Brentford's development side to know the difference isn't as big as you would imagine.

I've never seen a scout openly post on a forum. It's not a very professional way of approaching things is it? "Hello fellas, I'm a scout, which players should I be looking at?"

Do you think anyone's going to tell you which of their players you should take? It's not as if many are on contract so can be financially rewarded and the majority of clubs at this level probably have a tale to tell about how they've been morally stitched up by a higher club anyway, contract player or not.

I'm sure most clubs are happy for their players, especially the youngsters, to get offered a trial at a league club but the scouts have to do the work themselves by going to watch the players play. And I'm sure their expenses will cover the few quid it costs to get in. Why do the majority of scouts think they don't have to pay? Most League 2 clubs are spending a million a year on player's wages. The entry prices at this level are nothing compared to that.

Hi everybody, I have been watching this forum for a while but never posted.

Firstly I would like to agree with foxy about the not naming of club a scout is from also agree that writing in a public forum to find players is uncommon. I can understand looking on a forum to see who people are talking about .

I personally work along side a couple of clubs in league 2 and conference and know that they are currently looking at a few players in the combined counties both premier and division 1.

Hopefully there will be games on this weekend so can get out and watch. Good luck all for rest of season. Happy new year

Edited by GroundLooker

I am informed that the named player is in fact 31 years old isn't this a little old to break into the football league even Div 2( I smell a rat) and Foxy 10 if I were to put on here that black is black and white is white you would try to tell me I was wrong so your opinion means feck all to me,as for the rest of you trying to back up this guy take a look at yourselves,Gullible or what ?

Just speaking from experience Duncs. Funnily enough whenever someone disagrees with you their opinion is worth feck all. Maybe I'd see things differently if I had your experience and success.

I am informed that the named player is in fact 31 years old isn't this a little old to break into the football league even Div 2( I smell a rat) and Foxy 10 if I were to put on here that black is black and white is white you would try to tell me I was wrong so your opinion means feck all to me,as for the rest of you trying to back up this guy take a look at yourselves,Gullible or what ?

• 2 weeks later...

It's was intresting too see that Eversley sent the 7 dayer to us for Enrico instead of Egham!! Oops!!! Don't think Willmore will be happy about his mate Sav nicking a player under his nose!!